Saturday, August 9, 2014

 2:48 AM   Unknown   , ,    No comments
So It'raining outside, typhoon hits again. I was supposed to go to see fireworks but it is cancelled because of the typhoon. I decided to write a review about my new make up cleanser it is Christian Dior Instant Cleansing water.

Before I talk about this product let me rant about make up cleanser first. I had tried several type of make up cleanser from various brands. I am a two step cleaning person, so after make up remover I wash my face with face wash. I have a complicated skin type, my skin is very dry in winter with slightly oily in T-zone area and very oily in summer, I love milk/cream type make up remover it is soft but I don't like that i have to use toner afterward because it takes away the moist from my skin. I tried oil type remover from Shu Uemura but it clogged my pores after several time of uses so I didn't repurchase again. I tried Balm type too but I don't like that I had to dip my finger into the jar. So I read about the this micellar cleansing water from several beauty blogs. There are so many brands but I remember biodherma being the famous one. I did not know where to find biodherma here in Japan(but now I know), I decided to jump on Dior, I read a pretty much good review about this instant cleansing water.


I love the packaging, frosted plastic bottle with pump and cap. The BA at the Dior counter told me to use 4 pumps on the cotton to wipe away all make up. It's not enough for me. I need at least 2 cottons that means 8 pumps. It is say, it can remove waterproof make up, well it is but takes time. I tried on my Givenchy Noir couture waterproof mascara which is hard to remove, I used up 2 cottons alone to completely remove this mascara at first time. The trick for faster and efficiently remove water proof make up is to wet the eyelashes or eyelids(in case for water proof eyeliner) with the Micellar water. I pad and press the wet cotton softly on my eyes and leave it for a while(1-2 minutes) and pad and press again several times until it cleans.

I must say I love this Micellar water, it is soft and gentle to my skin and also hydrates it. My skin feel moist and it doesn't become dry afterwards. Usually after removing my make up I need to put on some moisturizer/lotion otherwise my skin will be dry. But with this I can cook dinner and do other activities in the house without worries of dryness until I put on my night skincare routine before bed.

It is come in 200 ML  volume, it last for at least 2 months. Price is 4860 yen . I will definitely repurchase this cleanser again. I will use it until I find another good cleanser for my skin. I saw there is powder type of cleanser but I haven't try it. Anyone tried the powder type? how was it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Success in PhD and Have a life too
Success in PhD and Have a life too

Popular Posts

Blog Archive